Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Feelings in Quotes - part 2

Just to clarify - These quotes and passages that I am choosing are not meant to say that I have mastered all my insecurities or that I am knowledgable on all these subjects. On the contrary, all the quotes from part 1 and part 2 are things that I need to tell myself, or that I need to learn. I am only sharing them on here because it might help someone else, but also so I can hopefully be able to get the words out myself.

There's one sad truth in life I've found
While journeying east and west -
The only folks we really wound
Are those we love the best.
We flatter those we scarcely know,
We please the fleeting guest,
And deal full many a thoughtless blow
To those who love us best.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox

These quotes about Love, I take them to mean more than just romantic love. Yes, that is definitely one way to interpret, but I take these as about love in general, the love for your family, friends, and any relationship.


“Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.” - Swedish Proverb?

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” - Washington Irving

"The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread." ~Mother Teresa

"Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

"A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn’t put there to stay -
Love isn’t love
'Til you give it away."
~Oscar Hammerstein, Sound of Music, "You Are Sixteen (Reprise)"

"Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things." ~Author Unknown


-------------------------------------------------------

"He seemed to be talking about my fears, my insecurity, and my unwillingness to see what was wonderful because tomorrow it might disappear and I might suffer. The gods throw the dice, and they don't ask whether we want to be in the game or not." - Paulo Coelho

"Insecurity exists in the absence of knowledge." - unknown

"A competent and self confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity." ~Robert A. Heinlein

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

“Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.”-Maxwell Maltz

“Insecurity is selfish.” ~ Keri Harvey

No comments: